Monday, November 8, 2010

Family is what it's all about - and you thought it was the okey pokey!

Yesterday we got to speak with each of our children through out the day! How grateful I am that as Senior missionaries we can talk with our family whenever we want. Sarah is doing well in the Ukraine - she got the birthday card from us AND she got the package that Joe sent her. It was quite the miracle since it wasn't the correct address. Pete is taking care of the homefront very well despite 2 very needy dogs! David is still trying to figure out how to manage his symptoms from 2 different ailments - ulcerative colitis and some kind of arthritis while he takes care of his sweet family. And Angie and BJ are getting settled in after managing a long trek across the country with a large Uhaul, 2 cars, a baby and a 2 1/2 year old! I think they all need a medal!

Elise Kristine Allen was blessed on Sunday, November 7th by her daddy BJ Allen. What a blessing she is in all of our lives. I can't wait to hold her and kiss her. Isn't she beautiful in her blessing dress?


Angie was trying to take a picture of Elise sitting up in her cute little chair and Quintin really wanted to be in on it too.



The Allen Family - Angie, BJ, Quintin and Elise


David, Angela, Eli, Abby, Lizzie and Jonah


What a blessing to have such wonderful children and grandchildren. I am truly grateful for all of them and the love and concern they show me. I know that it's the prayers of our families, that includes our parents, our brothers and sisters and our friends, that help us and sustain us in all that we go through. WE LOVE YOU AND ARE SO GRATEUL FOR YOU!

Here's a beautiful Houston sunset that one of the Sister missionaries took! I love sunsets because every time I see one I think of my Heavenly Father, how He knows my every need and how He gives me everything I need. The trials, the joys, the people, the sunsets, the tender mercies, the frustrations, the loving hand, the new baby. I have so much. thank you for that beautiful sunset.



No comments:

Post a Comment