Sunday, September 12, 2010

Transfer Week


Elder Hiatt has been an AP for 10 months and is being transfered this morning, I think he is so excited to be going back out into the field but we will miss him, he has helped us so much.

Elder Martin was also transfered this week, we were sad to see him go, but I know he was so excited to go be a missionary again! Not that he wasn't when he was working in the office. When the office closed he was doing missionary work all evening. This week being transfer week we had 3 twelve hour days in a row. It nearly wiped me out but I feel the Lord blessing me every day with my health. I think all 3 of those days I just came home and crashed, but the Lord gives me the energy to do what I need to do. Elder Stringfellow watches out for me so well reminding me that I can only run as fast as I have strength to run so I try to pace myself.

This is Hermanas Maylett and Rodriguez, we had the privilege of going out teaching one night with them. It was fun to hear them teach the gospel in Spanish and hear Elder Stringfellow testify in Spanish, I made a feeble attempt to talk about the scriptures in spanish as well.



These 2 Hermanas are both from St. George. They were just made companions this week after the tranfers but we found out that Hermana Porter (closest to me) had Jayne as a teacher when she was in Jr. High. Hermana Maxwell is standing by her.

Scott and I managed to find time to go visit the Houston Space Center with the other Senior Missionaries this past Saturday. It was very interesting and our first chance to drive past downtown Houston. We are probably about 30 minutes (if there was no traffic) North of downtown. I think Houston is the 4th largest city in the U.S. It's really spread out, but so beautiful. I now know why. This past week we had a ton of rain, Hurricane Hermine skirted to the west of us and on Tuesday when all of the missionaries were being transfered and bring their luggage in and out all day it rained almost 2 inches that day! BUT IT WAS STILL HOT. It really doesn't cool off that much when it rains, but it did give us hope that it will cool off eventually. The locals tell us probably in November!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun week! Thanks for calling on my birthday! It was so fun to talk with you both! Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete