Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I Have the BEST kids ever!!!

THANKS SO MUCH to my kids for the great package we got in the mail today! Angie was the brain child of this fun project. She had everyone help her put together a little present for every day until Christmas! And December 1 started out with Angie scrapebooking a booklet with a thought for every day til Christmas! There's envelopes that the kids colored and I'm hoping that they drew pictures for Grandma and Grandpa. What a blessing our families are. That's one of the things I love about the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the promise of being together forever as families and I know that we will be because of Christ's great Atonement. Oh how I love this gospel and am so thankful for the chance I have to serve my Father in Heaven and His Son on this mission. It's truly a blessing to me and Scott and I know it is for our children and granchildren, our parents and even our brothers and sisters. I know God is aware of every one of you. He knows you, He knows your feelings and desires, He loves you more than you will ever know. He allows you this mortal experience to find out for yourself, to find Him! I love the Christmas Season and all it represents.

Another "Sweet and Sour" week! That's what Sister Hansen, our Presidents wife calls transfer week. Saying good-bye to those we've come to love like our own children and then meeting those new missionaries we will come to love. Back row is Elder Thomson from Hawaii, Elder Lindsay from California, Elder Woodruff, front row: Pres & Sister Hansen, Sister Sorenson and Sister Hastings!

I had to have my picture with Elder Lindsay, my future chef and chocolatier. He's going to open up his own business and have Elder Stringfellow be the fleet coordinator! I hope it pays good is all I can say! He, he! Everyone loved Elder Lindsay because he is such an easy fellow to be around and has a big heart and nature. I told him to check out my blog when he got home so...Hi Elder Lindsay!

2 comments:

  1. best kids to go with the best parents :) SO glad you got it today!!! Talk about cutting it close getting to you huh. You almost had to open multiple things on one day. again, so sorry i didn't answer my phone today. You probably even tried the home phone and guess what - the battery was dead! DARN! opps... guess i need to work on that. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, Angie's so creative!

    ReplyDelete