Saturday, December 4, 2010

The Start of a Great Christmas Season

The Christmas Season started off with a great visit with my nephews Torrey and Courtney Hinson and their wonderful families! Kody and Jayde on the left, and Taylor, Gabe and Ty on the right! Sorry Devyn that I didn't get your picture this time around. Just wait, you're next! They are all just so delightful, we can't wait to return and get to know each one even better.

Here's the start of a very cute Christmas tree! Abby sent me some fun stars and hearts that she made (Thanks Abigail!) and the 1st envelope we opened from the package the kids sent had this cute silhouette ornament of David and Angela in it. I hear rumors that each envelope has the same kind of ornament for each member of the family!!!! I'm so excited. I will post another picture on the blog at Christmas to show it all off.


To get in the Christmas Spirit, Saturday, our P-day, we went to Kingwood, Texas to the nativity their Stake has done for the past 13 years. It was fantastic. There were over 300 Nativities, lots of Christmas trees and poinsettias, it was just so beautifully decorated. When you walked in it took your breath away. Very nicely done. They had singing groups, a room with Nativities just for children and a room where you could dress up and have your picture taken in a Nativity.

My sweet Sister Young pointing at a nativity just like one of the ones she has at home.

Here's one like the one her children gave to her a piece at a time. She got very emotional when she saw it. I love this dear lady. She makes me feel so loved whenever I'm around her. We had a fun time seeing all of these beautiful nativities. One of the things that she does that is such an inspiration to me is she goes to the temple every Tuesday after work and every Saturday morning, without fail! Sister Marsh goes with her now. They are both such great examples. Sister Marsh, below with Sister Young and I, makes the most beautiful tatted alter clothes for the temple. She's made over 20. She's now teaching Sister Young how to tatt. Sister Young has made a star and a wreath. It's just an exquisite art form.

No comments:

Post a Comment