Sunday, March 13, 2011

Hello's and Good-byes!

Hello to our new Senior Sister who will be working with Sister Young at the Employment Resource Center. She's in the middle of Sister Young and Sister Marsh. She's from Georgia and will be out for 18 months.

The couple in the middle are Paul and Marsha Johnson, the Johnson's have lived in the Houston area forever and have had us over with the Walkers (on the right) for dinner 3 or 4 times. She is such a wonderful southern cook and her meals are delicious. They just sold their home and are moving to Spanish Fork, Utah to be closer to his family. We've enjoyed getting to know them. On Thursday night we had the Guardjo family over for dinner. Mom Cindy and husband Santiago, the twin 11 year old daughters, Priscella and Pristina, and their 7 year old Esai were so fun to get to know, Elders Jepson and Atwood came also and then gave them a lesson on the Plan of Salvation. It was such a special night for us to be able to share our faith and testimony in God's plan for happiness for each of His children. We had sloppy joes and Esai write me a note saying how much he loved sloppy joes and desert. I miss being around children, A LOT! I hope we can visit with this family again, I really enjoyed their company. (Sorry, no picture of them, but next time I will be sure to get one!)

My daughter Angie emailed these next 2 pictures to me from Randy's funeral. We were able to skpye (audio only, we started out with visual but it kept dropping the connection), so it was nice to be able to at least hear all of the talks and what was going on. It was a beautiful funeral and I felt the spirit strongly and so much wanted to be there just to give my mom and my dad and Lu a big hug and mingle my tears with theirs. It's always hard saying good-bye. How grateful I am to know it's not really a good-bye, just a see you later Randy.

above: Angie, mom, David and Peter. below: Dad holding Elise, Angie's daughter.

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha....we had sloppy joe's on Sunday! They are pretty yummy. What a great picture of your mom! We miss you guys! Looks like you are having lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete