Sunday, June 5, 2011

God Does Watch Over His Missionaries

I don't have any pictures for this week! But I still wanted to post something to remind me of how much God watches over his missionaries. Friday morning right after our staff meeting a total stranger called Sister Hansen to say that she was at the scene of an accident where two missionaries car had just been hit and ambulances were on there way at that moment (we could hear them in the distance). Elder Struthers and Elder Morgan were going 50 on a highway when a car pulled out in front of them. They totally t-boned it. The airbags didn't go off, which you wonder if that was a blessing or a bad thing. Elder Struthers head hit the steering wheel and he got a bad gash on his forehead and he spent several hours waiting to have a cat-scan before they could stitch it up and Elder Morgan's chest hurt but X-rays didn't show anything. They were both blessed that they weren't hurt worse. When Scott saw the car (he had to track it down to get all of their stuff out of it) it just made him sick because the whole front end of the car was pracitically gone, there was blood and glass all over it. Tender mercies and miracles every day!

It's going to be a busy week with Zone Conference Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. I've been scurrying to get the newsletter done so we can print it tomorow to give out at the conference, there's always so much to do...and that's a good thing.

My health is doing great, another tender mercy. Especially considering the weather this past month. The greater Houston area is in it's worst drought and heat spell in 75 years. For the past 2 weeks it's been in the upper 90's and reached 100 a couple of times. I just heard that at the airport for June 5 there was a new record. 105 degrees!!! And I have been feeling pretty good, the numbness in my legs is pretty much gone, occasionally I feel it, but nothing like Aug -March! So THANK YOU HEAVENLY FATHER.

My dad is still struggling with being in a care center and my heart not only goes out to him but to his wife Lu as well, I really think this has been harder on her than him and I acknowledge how disappointing and difficult it has been for my dad! Life is so complicated most of the time, no matter how old or young you are.

Next week I'll have lots of fun zone conference pictures on the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment